(May 18, 2013)
Last night was another first. My new TR friends, Rigel and Kat asked me if I wanted to come with them and have a few drinks because, after all, it was Friday. teheee. Friday. I know I'm moody and I've let a few friends down after turning down invites to drinks or movies after I've already agreed on going. There are days, or Fridays, yes, that I just want to go home asap, put on the most comfortable clothes, grab some chips and sola and watch my favorite series or TV shows. But there are also times when I'd rather not sleep on a Friday night and kill myself on booze and fun.
So, last night, we had an early dinner with my officemates because it was Karen's last day in the company. More of this here. We ate at 8065 Bagnet in Estrella, along Pasong Tamo. Their food is absolutely heavenly but utterly opposite their crews' attitude. Anyway, after the hefty dinner, I finally decided to go with Kat and Rigel for some drinks at a nearby bar. Rigel was suggesting we go to Central but I insisted we try Tides along J.P. Rizal. I was thinking of ordering just a few bottles of Antonov (my favorite vodka so far) but then we decided to order their promo cocktails.
I never realized how huge the place was even if I pass by it everyday, until we sat down and finally relaxed with the not-so-relaxing music they were playing. Rigel and Kat are closer than I was to them but luckily we had so much to talk about and college was definitely a common ground.
Actually, I haven't been drinking for the last year and my senses were approximating my usual alcohol tolerance back in college (when we regularly drank on Fridays). I was still sober until heavy rained poured and we had to go up the second floor for cover. We found ourselves a new table and old stories scattered with the cigarette smoke. I really enjoy getting to know people and seeing them let their guards down in front of me. I truly believe that the greatest stories are best told in the midst of alcohol. hihi
Because of my previous drinking sessions in college, I've come to love the idea of always being yourself and comfortably telling your friends what you feel, openly discussing things that would seem taboo or inappropriate for the very reserved and the conservatives and enjoying every moment, every story and every emotion that come my way.
I usually tend to be a people pleaser and I still do but I feel more comfortable now about myself. I've realized and have come to believe that you just have to be yourself, say what you feel, speak of your oppositions or praise and constructively criticize when you have to. I sincerely appreciate my friends who don't always try to make me feel comfortable and ask the most absurd questions or tell me I look hideous or insist their own opinions rather than those who always concede, try to be nice and go with the flow. Please, be more real.
Anyway, so after several drinks, more than I expected, i started to feel dizzy and my mind was completely losing sense, my body was losing balance. I was telling them I now had a fair share of shots and trying to laugh it off. Then it came to me and suddenly remembered feeling the same thing two or three years ago.
I forgot the date but it was one of those nights when, after dinner, we again decided to go for some drinks. We went to TK and upon entering the place, I saw a good friend and dorm mate Bong. He then offered me a glass of beer and challenged a bottoms up. And so i did. BOTTOMS UP! Then I sat with my friends and ordered our first round. A few moments later, Bong approached me again and challenged another bottoms up. Let me just tell you that the glass wasn't your usual tableware; I guess it could handle the same amount a regular Red Horse beer could. And so i did, again. BOTTOMS UP! Minutes later, his friend, Aman, whom I've known during the university elections, offered me another glass and another and another. Finally, they decided to go home after spending i-don't-want-to-know-how-many-hours there, leaving me with a tummy full of a little more than 8 glasses of beer, and obviously, drunk. But much less drunk, I guess, than my second overly intense and passionate encounter with alcohol.
It was my organization's final rites for our application process and we spent the night at a resort in Antipolo. I was having really nonsense (specifically, love) problems that time and irrationally thinking of getting intoxicated to get by. I think I vomited the day's meals and the night's booze. And I remember sinking into the bed, head first, and suddenly drowning into a dreamless sleep.
But last night was different. For a very brief moment, I felt that I've lost sense of everything except for my head's heaviness and finally decided to excuse myself to release the churning in my poor tummy moving up my dry mouth.
After that, i felt really good, actually, and equally sleepy. We then decided to go home and upon entering my room, like I did back then, I vaguely remember taking off my boots, changing my clothes, and slumping into my bed like a rabbit finally finding it's hole.
Rigel and Kat, you guys are awesome and just to let you know, you are one of the very few people to see me like that. Congratulations! hahahaha! You can now talk about me behind my back. Only if you'd dare. *evil grin*
the sober and not-so-sober me,
jen ^__^
No comments:
Post a Comment